Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sugartits Contest

Mel Gibson's recent arrest for DUI has raised an old demeaning remark made about women: "Sugartits".

Sugartits is a phrase I first heard in the 70s, when I was driving from Ithaca, NY, back to the city and we stopped at a diner on Route 17. It was a "pet name" a driver used for the waitress, who laughed along rather than lose a tip.

Obviously, a fairly demeaning phrase, you'll agree.

Anyway, I thought I'd hold a contest: Since Mel re-introduced the word into the vernacular, I was trying to come up with the best application of the word to a Mel Gibson line from a Mel Gibson movie.

To-wit: From Lethal Weapon --
Well, what do you wanna hear, man? Do you wanna hear that sometimes I think about eatin' a bullet? Huh? Well, I do! I even got a special bullet for the occasion with a hollow point, look! Make sure it blows the back of my goddamned head out and do the job right! Every single day I wake up and I think of a reason not to do it! Every single day! You know why I don't do it? This is gonna make you laugh! You know why I don't do it? The job! Doin' the job! Now that's the reason...sugartits!
Or....
A dog is a fine meal...sugartits.
(The Patriot)

Have at it!