Friday, November 16, 2007

Nobody Asked Me, But...

1) Help feed the hungry. For free!

2) Wow! Go check out this set of Falsies! You can even vote for your favorite!

3) I'm going to take the rest of this week's "Nobody" and vent out some stress.

My father died five months ago, and in that five months, the world has hammered me left and right: daughter graduates high school and moves onto college, I'm in a car accident, work piled high on my desk...much stress.

I managed to shed a lot of it in the past month with some closure. We had a private memorial for my father in October, which seemed to immediately lift my veil. But, typical Finn that I am, I figured there was another shoe waiting to drop, and there it came.

My mom injured herself trying to get some exercise in (she bought a treadmill, and tried walking on it). Five weeks later, and she's demanding to see a doctor immediately.

Nothing too serious, despite the fact that we all thought she had broken a bone or shattered a joint. Turns out it was just bursitis. I figure things are going to be fine.

I didn't take into account the fact that I am not the first actor in my family, however. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say that I've not had much sleep the past couple of days, and both my work and my blogging has suffered greatly for it.

Today, I had a class scheduled at work, which naturally I shined at, but I have no clue how I did it. Muscle memory, I suppose: you do something enough times and you learn to let go and trust your instincts.

As I came down from the class, it suddenly dawned on me that I hadn't posted today, and ohmygod, how anal am I that I've invested this much emotion in my audience?

OK, that's not fair. I'm a performer, dammit, and that's my job, to invest in helping to make you enjoy your stay at my blog.

Anyway, all this is a form of apology for not posting earlier, and for skipping Friday Cat Kitten Blogging. I didn't plan today out well enough. I'm stressed to the point of nearly having my shoulder snap on me Wednesday night, despite actually having some quiet time to myself then.

I need a few hours in the gym. And a massage.

Maybe a vacation.