Friday, March 20, 2009

Nobody Asked Me, But...

1) I didn't realize "dignity" was an issue for Barack Obama? Especially after a clowncar President like Bush?
 
2) Sometimes life imitates art. Godspeed, Natasha. Good luck, Liam and sons.
 
3) Personally, I can't wait for this to come out, so I can finally listen to music while walking down the street and not worry about missing a phone call.
 
4) Finally, some sensible use of the White House lawn! We need to encourage the "locally grown" movement as part of an energy strategy, and that Bush and his cronies didn't do even this simple gesture speaks volumes about their cynical attitude towards the nation's future.
 
5) By the way, I watched "W." last night. As to be expected from an Oliver Stone film, it was massively overhyped. It was also scarily watchable. I put it on the level of a first year drama production at the local community college. It doesn't tell you much you didn't already know, but Stone does give it all a context that he supposes was behind some of the more egregious decisions made. Rent it, or wait for it to come out on cable, but it's not a keeper.
 
6) Spring has sprung. Winter seems longer each year.
 
7) I dunno...I read this and immediately think of the movie "Americathon".
 
 
9) I think it's safe to say this spider lived up to its name.
10) I thought Bush was the Special Education President?