Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Dirty Little Secret: Sometimes, Crackpots Make Sense

 
Here's the thing about Ron Paul, at least as far as I'm concerned: it's easy to pick apart his insanity, his craziness, the zealotry of his followers, his inherent racist tendencies, and so on.
 
But the scary part is, on some things he's not far from my truths.
 
For example, I have deep concerns about the validity of a Federal Reserve system that is run by the member money center banks. I have questions about the legitimacy of the 16th Amendment and the income tax, at least as it applies to wages. I want an accounting of the gold in Fort Knox. I'd like the War on Drugs to end and the decriminalization of marijuana to begin. And so on.
 
Ron Paul does too, and while I'd never vote for him for President, I can certainly see we have some common ground.