1) It used to be that life was a way to unwind from the stresses of work, but for me, more and more, work is a haven. Which is not saying much. It's a little like saying anal warts relieve the pain of hemmorhoids.
2) This thing going on in Egypt has me a bit concerned. The last thing we need is more unrest in the Middle East, and while I can sympathize with the desires of the Egyptian people, like it or not, Egypt is a fairly stable regime and may have helped put a damper on the flames the rest of the Arab world had tried to light under the Palestinian Authority with respect to the Goldstone vote. I think the PA's unwillingness to condemn Israel showed it, once again, is willing to be the adult in the relationship if it has the chance. And Obama's arm-twisting may have helped immensely.
3) Also, not all of the collateral damage of the Arab uprisings will work out well. Just sayin'.
4) You may recall last year I posted a small item about an anonymous dealer buying up practically all the cocoa on the open market. If you were still wondering why, here. Expect this same scenario with nearly every staple and commodity, from rice to oil to sugar, in the near future.
5) It's hard to believe it's been 25 years.
6) Once again, Arizona lives up to its new nickname, "Assizona"
7) Hawaii may actually show a budget surplus if this gets passed.
8) Pity P. Diddy. Even if the suit for ONE. TRILLION. DOLLARS. gets tossed, and it will, he'll still have to bear the brunt of jokes about being a terrorist.
9) There's a stripper shortage in Dallas for next week's Super Bowl. This is what happens when you put up a border fence.
10) Nothing like a breath of fresh bacon to get your day started.