Monday, August 15, 2005

Sweet Neo Con

These may (and I stress, may) be the lyrics to the controversial new Stones' song, Sweet Neo Con. Got them from a correspondent who says he found them on a Stones' fan site. Obviously, they are not complete, and the italics emphasize phrases and lines either missed or interpreted...

You call yourself a Christian
I think that you're a hypocrite
You say you are a patriot
I think that you are a crock of shit

And listen about the price of gasoline (not sure about this...)
I drink it every day
But its getting very pricey
And who is goin' to pay

Oh oh you're so wrong
My sweet Neocon

It's liberty for all
'cause democracy's our style
unless you are against us
Then it's prison without trial

But one thing that is certain
Like this girl in Haliburton
If you're really so astute
You should invest in ???

How come you're so wrong
My Sweet Neocon
If you turn out right
I'll eat my hat tonight

It's gettin' very scary
Yeah, I'm frightened out of my wits
There's police in my bedroom
Yeah, and it's giving me the shits

We must have looked for reasons
To protect us from our (own?)
???
We're doing it alone

How come your so wrong
my sweet neocon
Where's the money gone
In the Pentagon

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.... Neocon!