Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Blogging Update

Yesterday was an....event, to be sure.

ThumbPer was neutered, and had an ingrown nail pulled. What I anticipated would be a half-day vet visit (he hadn't eaten since the night before) loomed as an overnight stay.

Since I took a vacation day to accomplish this, I was more than a little pissed. Too, I was developing yet another flu (although it could just have been a reaction to the flu shot I took last week).

Around 7 PM last night, however, the vet called and said it would be OK if I picked him up, but the hospital closed at 8, so in the middle of the pouring, driving rain, I hopped into my car and drove to the hospital, parked at a hydrant, and grabbed ThumbPer and split.

I couldn't figure out why I felt drunk, tho, since I basically stayed under the covers all day, since I was too tired to do much of anything, and it was too rainy.

I get home, open the cat carrier, and as I'm bending over, suddenly feel a wave of nausea overtake me. Hmmmm...not good.

ThumbPer is fine, and this morning was up and about early, barely limping, and eating like a horse.

Dad, however, is running a 101° temperature, sitting in his over-airconditioned office, eyes oozing...well, something, and his chest in the grip of a massive traffic jam.

So how was your day?