Monday, April 23, 2007

Meme Mr. Mustard

Argh. I was tagged by Miss Cellania because I'm a "thinker".

I'm really more of a 'Finder" altho there is this whole fantasy about being a knight on a big black horse that...well, nevermind.

OK, so on with the show:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

Hmmmmm....OK....Martini Republic has to be one. The wit and snark factor of that blog intimidates even me, and at the very least, it forces my mixology considerations up a notch. I'm tempted to cheat and add Big Apple Martini, but that's such an integral part of MR that it would be like splitting the eleventh dimension from the 26th. I'd rather dye my hair.

Next up, Jesus's General, where my humour had better be sharp as a tack, or I'm toast. Those folks are big league. I take it as enormous praise when one of them actually deigns to acknowledge my posts.

Third, and along the same lines, Skippy The Bush Kangaroo. How sharp is this blog?

A) It's the only legitimate blog ever mentioned by Jon Stewart on The Daily Show.

B) They practically invented left wing blogging!

OK, Skippy invented the term "Blogtopia"....

Fourth, My Left Wing: I guess the best comparison is "Kos for the cognoscenti". They don't bullshit over there. They don't get all arrogant about being a vast source of information on dozens of topics.

Put it this way: it may be the first and only political blog where I feel like I have to ratchet up my knowledge just to keep up.

Finally, James Wolcott, where at least twice a week, I can spit water through my nose.

2) Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

3) Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote. OK, so...um...I'm not sure what post got me here, so....