Thursday, February 28, 2008

Please Turn Your Books To Page 123

I've been meme'd.

I feel...dirty, but it wouldn't be the first time I've been forcibly memed from behind while I was incapcitated.

The meme, as per Lance Mannion, works as follows:

• look up page 123 in the nearest book
• look for the fifth sentence
• then post the three sentences that follow that fifth sentence on page 123.
While I was tempted to take the easy way out and claim that my review copy of The Pet Goat was the nearest book, sadly, it was my misfortune to have the Pulitzer Prize winning "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy in hand.

Note to self: drop everything while blogging.

P. 123, sixth, seventh and eighth sentences:

He held it to the light. A single bit of sediment coiling in the jar on some slow hydraulic axis. He tipped the jar and drank and he drank slowly but still he drank nearly the whole jar.

- 30 -

So now it is my solmen, spam-honored duty to pay it forward.

I call forth the following bloggers:

Miss Cellania!

Droudy! (n00bs aren't exempt)

Targa!

Instaputz! (only for inflicting Jonah's galleys on me....yuck!)

Hmmmmmmm...and the father of Blogtopia...Skippy!!