In case you missed it, yesterday was the Blessing Of The Sun, a holy day in the Jewish calendar that occurs every 28 years, and celebrates the moment when the Sun returns to the exact position it was created. Question: how do they know?
And today, of course, is Good Friday. In honor of this, I thought I'd run the Stations Of The Cross for today's post. Please don't infer any parallels between the events and the life of Our Lord:
1) Two Tibetans were sentenced to death in a Chinese court for setting a fire which killed seven people and burned five shops in Lhasa to the ground.
2) Apparently, Florida for Spring Break is not universally appealing. But we all have our crosses to bear.
3) His first Falls.
4) Meeting his mother, always an emotional moment.
5) Simon picks up the cross...with Garfunkel! I'm guessing there's a way to work in troubled waters, too...
6) Veronica wipes the sweat off his brow.
7) He falls again. The weight is too much to bear.
8) He meets the daughters of Jerusalem.
9) Falls a third time. Very weak now.
10) He is stripped of his clothes.
12) Dies a martyr.
13) Is lamented.
14) And is laid to rest.
Peace be with you.