Friday, July 24, 2009

Nobody Asked Me, But...

1) This whole Henry Louis Gates thing up in Massachussetts is arguably the single biggest misdirection this year. Here you have a private citizen in the sanctity of his home, walking around with a cane, being arrested on suspicion of being a burglar...IN HIS OWN HOME!

Look, I like cops. I think they have the toughest job in the world, keeping assholes safe from being assholes and other assholes. But in this instance, they acted precipitously and yes, "stupidly," as our black President, who you know is probably the first in our nation's history to actually suffer police harassments, put it.

Forget the race. A 60-something man walking around a house with a cane is not a robber and the frikkin' cops simply blew the call. Period. End of story. That's the way I'd be reporting it if I was a journalist, and any news organization that is reporting it any differently "the man wasn't acting professional," "police departments nationwide are angry with Obama," is not doing their job.

Period.

2) If these guys were Islamic, how much of a hue and cry would be made? This would have moved from a crime story to a national security "crisis" in seconds.

3) I feel good about this. We need all the friends we can get.

4) I'd be happy if we can get out without embarrassing ourselves. The war we should have been fighting since September 11 seems to be slipping away from us.

5) For the first time in its history, Windows sales declined last quarter.

6) Lance Mannion has posted a very interesting comparison of the Harry Potter novels/movies to Star Wars.

7) "I feel the earth move under my butt." I'm a big fan of outdoor sex, but this would probably put the fear of Thor in me...

8) The inventor of WD-40 has died. World's smoothest burial follows.

9) Revenge....

10) ...Ironic blowback!