1) Today is Purple Day. Help fight epilepsy.
2) Is Obama finally growing some stones or is this an empty threat?
3) Earth Hour is tomorrow at 8:30 PM (local). Give 60 for Mother Earth, please?
4) Pity David Frum: he goes from conservative darling as Bush's speech writer to moral outcast in the span of a weekend. But don't pity him too much. Remember, he was part of the effort to create the Teabaggers and set the Republican party back a hundred and fifty years.
5) Interesting quote from Frum:
"The elite isn't leading anymore. It’s trapped. Partly because of the desperate economic situation in the country, what were once the leading institutions of conservatism are constrained. I think Arthur [AEI President Arthur Brooks] took no pleasure in this. I think he was embarrassed."
Effectively, he's admitting two things: the Teabaggers have captured the Republican party's machinery and the "moderates" have been silenced by force. We take comfort in this.
6) Russia has been encroaching on British airspace for the past two years. Here's proof. It's not so much that Russia violated anyone's air space that is worrisome: no one's expecting Russia to go all Crazy Ivan on us. It's that Russia is actually flying international patrols again that should raise some eyebrows.
7) It's about time. When I think of how many nights I should not have been driving, I'm amazed I made it to 52.
8) Considering all the bad blood between Palin and McCain, as well as Palin's nose-thumbing of the Republican party leadership, this is very interesting. I wonder what J.D. Hayworth did to piss her off?
9) Ummmmm...probably the wrong writer to assign to this story. Or at least, make him change his name.