1) Serial killers dehumanize their victims. You see this most notably in "Silence of the Lambs" when Jame Gumb says the immortal line "It puts the lotion on." In times of war, psychologists recommend dehumanizing the enemy to repress compassion in order to kill another human being. So, all that said, what does it say when BP executives speak of their own employees as "little piggies"?
2) Remember that "record setting hurricane season" rumoured for the last two years? It's here. No. Really. El Nino has subsided and shows no signs of firing up again, and indeed, La Nina is already gathering strength, on top of record warm waters in the Gulf (probably aided by the fact that oil does not radiate energy easily, and absorbs more solar radiation that plain salt water). Folks, it will be a nasty season in the Gulf. Count on it.
3) Instead of Teabagging the US, maybe those knucklehead "libertarians" ought to fight the power?
4) Perhaps the single most anticipated regularly scheduled speech by steve Jobs is the keynote for the World Wide Developers Conference, this year to be held June 7-11. So, what does Apple do for a follow up to the iPad? iPhone for Verizon? The leaked iPhone 4G? Or something even bigger?
5) Of course, no sooner does speculation of a Verizon iPhone heat up than Verizon decides to change the game and make it harder for its customers. As odious as AT&T is, at least I know what I'm paying. My big complaint about Verizon is, you can get lost trying to comb thru their plans, and that confusion is designed to make you lazy and them fat and rich.
6) I suspect Simon Cowell is smarter than I give him credit for. The rats may be the first to abandon a sinking ship, but doesn't that make them the smart ones?
8) Another nonstory.
9) Sadly, he decided to do extra credit work for his Ph D. Three women are now dead.
10) I do not think this is the Cap'n Jack Sparrow kind of piracy.