1) Fall is in the air, that means it's time for the annual Nobel Prize controversy. Today, the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo. Needless to say, Beijing is none too happy about a jailed pro-democracy dissident being awarded such a prestigious prize, but the clues have been there all along that the Nobel committee likes jailed dissidents. There's a very simple solution, President Hu: free him from jail.
2) 7.45PM GMT tonight. Be here. Also, rumour has it that Google has a widget in honor of John Lennon, but I have not been able to see it. It's possible it's only available to Brits.
3) Despite rumours of peace talks between the Taliban and the Afghan government, it seems that, well, it ain't ending anytime soon.
4) This is conceivably the most important weapon the Democrats have going into the fall election...IF it's deployed with good timing.
5) Poor Lou Dobbs. Lost all his credibility in the blink of an eye. Like Meg Whitman before him, perhaps he should have simply shut the fuck up about undocumented workers and hope no one noticed.
6) This could have been the environmental version of Chernobyl. So far, it seems Hungary has ducked a bullet. Just keep in mind: it's happened here and could happen again at anytime.
7) Truly, there's a level of sexism in this story. But not entirely. After all, it takes discipline and hard work to maintain a slim figure in America and people who have that kind of discipline in one area usually have it in other important areas, and doubly so for women who have to overcome the image of being unserious in the working world.
8) What's the true cost of a pack of cigarettes? $140.
9) No wonder he had high blood pressure!
10) There are seven times as mnay sex offenders in the US than there are people.