1) I concur with John Dickerson: Romney won the debate last night by being the adult in the room, and staying focused. As much as I'm convinced Obama will remain in office when the dust settles, assuming Romney is the candidate debates between the two ought to be dandies.
2) Why am I convinced that Obama will win? S&P tells me so. That the Teabaggers have created the current mess we're in, from Norquist's "tax pledge" to Bachmann's ridiculous "vindication," tells me the American people will touch unicorn shit long before they vote Republican in 2012. Also, you have to know this is going to bite Romney on the ass.
3) After all the ups and downs of the market this week, it's remarkable that we're essentially where we were last Friday.
4) I am continually stunned by the ingenious Stephen Colbert. His latest campaign to throw a monkey wrench in the Iowa beauty pageant this week is a master stroke. Think about it: Rick Perry is not officially on the ballot. He'd have to be chosen as a write-in candidate. By asking the Nation to write in Perry's name, but to spell it "Parry" ensures that those votes become null and void, basically a protest vote that none of the above are worthy of the nomination. I'll be following this development.
5) Run, Liz! Run!
6) The politically correct Mitt Romney goons are banning books!
7) Thank you, Madam Minority Leader, for restoring some faith in the Soopersekrit Budjit Comedy.
8) Hey, everyone! Here's an idea for saving money! Have fewer disasters! No. Really. Blount said that, kinda.
9) Revelation 13:17; “And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”