1) The high school freshman who was first suspended, then expelled, then unexpelled for a class project on bullying that involved creating a fake Facebook profile for the main character in a video has been reinstated and the suspension expunged. Cooler heads have prevailed, but there's an irony that she was institutionally bullied for making a video about being bullied by peers.
2) I'll be at the bar....until September!
3) This bar, specifically. McSorley's used to be the guidepost on the path to manhood in New York City, and while that's still partly true, if you can wend your way through the throngs of tourists and commuters that have turned it into a "destination," it's sad to see it become McSorley's Lite. Except for Geoff. And the cheese platter.
4) Now here's a clever way to protest.
5) Y'know, I'm OK with this, provided we aren't setting up the next Al Qaeda. Could we please vet this carefully?
6) I'm sure it will be "worldclass" and "classy"....right?
7) Romney got a taste of his particular brand of wolfsBain yesterday.
8) With regards to the S E Cupp/Hustler blow job picture controversy: I don't condone the use of violent imagery involved here, but let's be quick to point out that Sippy herself has said some equally emotionally and sexually violent things in an attempt to get attention to her pathos. Karma exists, dearie.
9) There was a time, in my lifetime no less, when a typical CEO made about 40 times what the average worker made. That means, if the line operator in the factory made $10,000, the CEO made about $500,000. That seems to have changed. I'm sure the average worker in America doesn't make $250,000.
10) Moooooooooooooooooooooove away from the bar!