1) So...let me hear from you: Did Barack Obama hit a grand slam or merely knock a three run homer into the upper deck?
2) In my own opinion, it was a masterful State of the Union address and really, that's all he had to do: lay out the case to the nation for why he needs to be re-elected. He already had Michelle Obama, Bill Clinton and then last night, Joe Biden and John Kerry make the passionate pleas. President Obama was being presidential, matter-of-fact, and exhibited calm leadership when a lesser politician would have tried to raise the roof. The roof was already off, and now was the time to roll up sleeves and chat about the future.
4) The world of diplomacy is holding what amounts to a wrestling card in Vladivostok this weekend. About the only good news to come out of this so far is overtures made between China and Japan that might open formal talks. Eventually. One day. Keep in mind there's a long distance between the two ancient rivals.
5) This day in Idiots.
6) So, is Charlie Crist going to run for Florida governor in 2014 as a Democrat, a Republican, or both? He could primary Rick "Batboy" Scott, and still get listed on the Democratic line.
7) Based on Obama's muted speech, I think we can guess what this number will turn out to be: not so great.
8) I've hated Larry with all my Mets' fan heart, but I'm sad to see him go.
9) Homeland Security doubles down on the zombie apocalypse.
10) Finally, we've been through this, but Republicans want to reopen the debate: education is vital to the national security of the United States. No less than Dwight Eisenhower, one of the greatest generals this nation has ever produced, thought so. So fund public education and get the fuck out of the way.