1) Unbeknownst to you, the world nearly ended one day recently. I won't snark, because I'm practicing my telepathy, so you should already know the joke I'd tell.
2) Your tin foil hat: Ur doin' it rong.
3) I meant to post about this earlier in the week: we lost a great one in Barry Commoner. More than Rachel Carson, I think, Barry Commoner made me sit up and take notice about the world around us, specifically the environment. He was holistic before that was even a word, understanding that the world around us is interconnected and interdependent, right down to the flap of butterfly wings in South America. His legacy was brought to a startling end by none other than the Koch brothers. Shame on them. We have to fight now to regain ground we already won.
4) Or, perhaps Gaia will now join us.
5) Number 10 with a bullet.
6) Does Billboard still use bullets to indicate a fast rising record? I sure hope not.
7) History is very much against him. After the first debate in 2004, John Kerry actually led the presidential race by 8 points in the Gallup poll. Didn't do him much good, and Kerry won a clean win, as he had Bush frothing about Poland. Romney's soundbite from Denver: he wants to kill Big Bird. Buhbye, Mitt!
8) Obama is officially re-elected: the benchmark for re-election was always an 8% jobless rate (as in "No President has ever been re-elected with..."). This now puts Obama on a par with Ronald Reagan.
9) It's hard to believe it's been a year.