1) As you probably have heard, police have shot one of the Boston marathon suspects, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, and are hot on the trail of the second, identified as Dzokhar Tsarnaev. Both are from Chechnya, living here legally for about ten years now. Ten years ago, I’d be remiss not to point out, we bargained with Vladimir Putin to allow him to invade Chechnya to put down an incipient revolution, in exchange for his silence on our invasion of Iraq. I’ll just leave that stand for you to ponder, but to say, “Well, George, here’s another fine mess you’ve gotten us in.”
2) Michael Bay has already optioned the rights to the battle on the streets of Watertown, by the way.
3) In other news that wraps up old wounds the US opened…
4) I’m really beginning to think the world skipped back to 2006…bird flu? A new strain?
5) Hot on the heels of a big one in Iran earlier this week comes a magnitude 7.0 earthquake off Japan. If Jesus is coming, he’s picking a good time to do so.
6) Beat the haters at their own game, I say.
7) Scott Walker: Even bigger douchebag than you imagined.
8) Once more, science saves your sex life.
9) If things are getting a little too weird for you around here, you can always move.
10) No, really! You CAN move!