1) The trial of George Zimmerman for the killing of Trayvon Martin wraps up today, and the case goes to the jury. Many pundits believe that Zimmerman will be found not guilty and indeed, the prosecutors asked the judge (who said yes) to allow the jury to consider lesser charges, which indicates they think the case may not be as solid as charged. However, the summation given by the prosecutors yesterday – including a point made about Zimmerman being terrified of Martin, yet knowing he had a gun in his pocket, so he could equalize any confrontation -- was very forceful and punched holes in the story Zimmerman's defense team spun out. I think this is a 70-30 case with a guilty verdict rendered pretty quickly once a few hesitant jurors are persuaded.
Under any circumstance, I think Zimmerman's civil case will be the more damaging to him.
2) ♪ It's raining….glass?
3) If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, it looks like Duchess Kate's baby will be born over the weekend.
4) The very Catholic Ireland has officially become more sophisticated than Texas.
5) If you were worried about being bored the next sixteen months, I have good news for you: Sarah Palin is running for Senate from Alaska. Assuming she lasts that long. Comedy gold, I tell you.
6) Well, I mean, you know….Mussolini made the trains run on time, too…
8) Don't let the Potomac hit ya where the good lord split ya!
9) Terrorists, global warming, black teens with hoodies, squirrels. What are things Floridians are terrified by? I'll take paranoia for $1,000, Alex.
10) Finally, people putting solar panels on their roofs in Arizona may end up paying more for power supplied by the power company. This is not a typo.