1) The US had a chance yesterday to sell soccer to a crowd that was not only paying attention but had a vested interest in the game being played. That weak-ass shit was the best they could muster? Admittedly, Germany dominated so well that I expected them to declare they had annexed the Sudetenland, but come on! A game like that could have focused attention away from the really ugly and really ridiculous stories coming out of Brazil.
2) This weekend marks the 100th anniversary of the Shot Heard Round the World. No, not that one. No, not that one either. No…*sigh*…OK, yea, there have been too many of them to keep track of…
3) How do we know that homosexuality is mainstream? Corporations are unafraid to sponsor gay pride parades. Not sure this is a good thing.
5) Arizona will become the first state to feel the real economic wrath of global warming.
6) NYC is about to bring undocumented workers out of the shadows. It’s about time. PS there’s a reason the Irish Times has such strong interest in this.
7) I guess they were hungry an hour later, too?
9) Oh, poo!
10) Finally, this story features Nikita Kruschev, Vladimir Putin and Arnold Schwarzenegger. And no, it’s not a buddy comedy. Well, maybe not.