Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Bush Joke

The old priest lay dying in the hospital. For years he had faithfully served the people of the nation's capital. He motioned for one of his aides to come near.

"Yes father" said the aide.

"I would really like to see President Bush and Congressman DeLay before I die" whispered the priest.

"I'll see what I can do, father" replied the aide.

The aide sent the request to the White House and waited for a response. Soon the word arrived. The president and congressman would be delighted to visit the priest.

As they went to the hospital, Congressman Delay commented to the president "I don't know why the old priest wants to see us, but it will certainly help our images after the number the Democrats have done on us." The president couldn't help but agree.

When they arrived at the priest's room, the priest took President Bush's hand in his right hand and Congressman DeLay's hand in his left. There was silence and a look of serenity on the old priest's face.

Finally Congressman DeLay spoke "Father, of all the people you could have chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near the end?"

The old priest slowly replied "I have always tried to pattern my life after our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

"Amen" said President Bush

"Amen" said Congressman DeLay

The old priest continued..."He died between two criminals. I would like to do the same."

, ,

tags technorati :