Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I Wonder Sometimes If They Really Understand What They Say

Limbaugh on Hillary Clinton: "She sounds like a screeching ex-wife. ... Men will know what I mean by this"

During a segment in which he assessed Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's (D-NY) presidential chances, nationally syndicated radio host Rush Limbaugh stated that Clinton "sounds like a screeching ex-wife." Limbaugh made his remark during the March 3 broadcast of The Rush Limbaugh Show. After Limbaugh characterized how he thought Clinton "sounds," he qualified his statement, saying, "And -- and -- and I don't say that -- there's nothing against ex-wives or women. I'm just trying to be descriptive here for you." He went on to add, "Men will know what I mean by this."
So many paths, so little bandwidth...

I'm going with "So does this mean only real men get divorced, Rush? And how does that play with your family values audience? More to the point, what does that make of the hundred million men or so currently married to their first and only wives?"

Listen here: Rush's Idiotic Comment

, ,

,