Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I Got One Question....

White House: 'Hunt not downgraded' after Reid highlights disbanded bin Laden unit

Spokesman Tony Snow is denying charges that the White House has downgraded its search for Osama bin Laden after a key CIA unit specifically targeting the terrorist kingpin was earlier disbanded, RAW STORY has learned.

In his daily briefing today, Snow addressed accusations by Senate minority leader Harry Reid (D-Nv.) that the disbanding was an example of "misplaced priorities in the Bush administration."

"The notion that the president has shut down a program designed to capture Osama bin Laden is utterly without foundation," Snow said. "It was a reorganization, not a reduction in effort and commitment."
OK, so my question is, how much more of a "reduction of effort" could it possibly have been?

Because, Tony, you know...
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02
In other words, how much less could Bush have cared about Osama if he's "truly not concerned about him."?

I'm not concerned about monkeys flying out of my butt. I can't imagine being less concerned about that.

I'm not concerned about an asteroid hitting the planet: it hits, we're dead, the math is simple, and we may not even know it's happened. I can't imagine being less concerned about that.

I'm not concerned about the standings in the Australian Rules Football league (until I meet an Aussie chick, of course). I can't imagine being less concerned about that.

So seriously, Tony, how much less than zero is this reduction going to be? Cuz, even tho you said it wasn't a reduction, we all know you're fulla shit.

, ,