1) How is it that kids can break your heart?
2) Bla, Bla, Bla Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla Bla, Hey, Hey, Hey, Just GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
3) Actually, I should be fair to Blagojevich. He was never convicted of any crime, and an arrest does not a crime make. If it had, I would have placed Bush under citizens' arrest.
4) Perhaps the real reason the GOP voted in lockstep against the stimulus package is not so much that they "weren't allowed to contribute," to periphrase Grassley, but because they had nothing TO contribute. Politically, it's a less risky gambit for 2010 than to admit your party is so bereft of ideas after trotting out the tax cut flag again that you have to capitulate to the only game in town.
5) It's nice to see Pat Tillman is not being forgotten by the Cardinals as they head to the Super Bowl.
6) It occurs to me that Mayor Bloomberg is setting a bunch of boobytraps in the event he's barred from seeking a third term.
7) Bonuses and Wall Street. Look, this is a controversial topic, to be sure, but I'm not sure this is the time to discuss changes. I agree, it's obscene for big money Wall Street traders to rake in huge bonuses ahead of a meltdown. On the other hand, these should be more rightly termed "commissions earned" since they are tied to the economic activity of the individual trader and usually, these commissions make up 75% of the trader's annual income. You wouldn't want to take a 75% cut in pay, would you?
This is a topic I probably ought to explore in more depth in a full column, because I have a LOT more to say, pro and con on this.
8) And God spoke to Sarah Palin, and said "Sarah, honey, stop taking my name in vain."
9) Think this has anything to do with the double barrel Bush war and Bush Depression?
10) Who wants to live forever? Jelly fish.