Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!
So what are you thankful for today?

Me, I'm just brimming with thanks, so full of it that it's coming out my ears. And if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.

No, seriously, I have a few things to be thankful for, including you who read this shitty blog on a regular basis. Thank you. The occasional feedback and commentary that I get make me smile and it's nice knowing that I'm not alone.

I'm not alone, right? You guys aren't just a figment of my imagination and I'm not sitting in some padded cell in Pescadero, drooling on my chest?

And I'm thankful that we kicked some conservative ass and hard this election cycle. It's been nice to be able to sit back, light up a stogie and bathe in the warm heat of the frustration and rage from the right wing nutbags who somehow believe liberalism is evil and the nation is this grand machine of rightwing thought.

HA-HA! Assholes.....America has never been conservative except when you somehow manage to strategically place pieces on the chessboard to temporarily take an advantage. America was founded on progressive principles and will always, ALWAYS, progress forward, and never fall behind. You can get in line or you can get run over like so many before you have. We win in the end. Always.

I'm thankful for my cat who, while he's sleeping now, the little rat bastard, keeps me honest and grounded in the day to day. I'm thankful to family and friends and to God, who saw fit to give me a year relatively free of drama and anguish. Nobody died and no one got too badly hurt, in the end.

Finally, I'm grateful to be the most important person in my own life but to be some small part of yours.