Monday, November 19, 2012

Why I Write

It occured to me over the weekend that I could be funnier at SLB.
 
See, I'm working on a book, a comic look at...well, if I told you, I'd have to kill you and I don't have enough frequent flyer miles at the moment to start hunting all ten of my readers down. And I started to think about this daily mess I serve up and how it's almost always straight-faced and serious and while my bits are often chock-a-block with quips, I don't bring teh funnay much. My muscles are atrophying.
 
Anyway, I asked myself, "2...(I like to call myself by my nickname)...2, what are you writing a blog for? What's the point and purpose?"
 
The answer sort of hit me like the hot kiss at the end of a wet fist. I don't know!
 
I think I write here as a way to sort out in my head the news of the day. A way to make sense of the world, and if there's a hundred or so of you out there who like watching me slip into senility, then my work is complete.
 
Don't get me wrong, I like that you guys are out there and like reading my pieces. It's nice to be listened to along the lines of a college jazz station, something you have to seek out. It's fun to write these pieces and sort of run down my logic -- such as it is -- and grasp the bigger picture.
 
Or, I could simply write because it frees me to use the word "Bimbo" frequently...