Friday, April 11, 2014

Nobody Asked Me, But...

1) Y’know that post I made earlier this week about “freedoooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmm”? Not so fasty. I’ve decided to accept an offer to extend my tenure in the salt mines. The only condition placed on me was to swallow my pride and shut my mouth. The carrot dangling before me was too irresistible.

2) Moving on, apparently Obamacare has death paneled Kathleen Sebelius’ Cabinet position

3) Scott Brown will announce his candidacy for the New Hampshire senate seat. His carpetbag is woven from the finest chest-hairs and staples shut.

4) Yes, it’s official: “Truthiness” is a promotion strategy.

5) Here’s the thing: If you’re a married Congressman going to bang a married staffer (and major campaign contributor), get a motel room.

6) Inflation is back. Annualize that, and it’s 6%

7) This is good news for the sex toy industry!

8) I’ve avoided commenting on the Oscar Pistorius trial because, well, it’s a tragedy no matter what happened. But it seems more and more likely that he murdered her, as opposed to accidentally killing her. It’s just a matter of whether he planned it or not. I think not.

9) I have to wonder if the past year of revelations of Pope Francis’ modern attitudes towards the church was all a planned dance leading to this.

10) Finally, Four Blood Moons. This is supposed to portend the Apocalypse.