Thursday, December 15, 2005

What I Find Funny About This Story....

Is the Pentagon spying on Americans?

Secret database obtained by NBC News tracks ‘suspicious’ domestic groups

By Lisa Myers, Douglas Pasternak, Rich Gardella and the NBC Investigative Unit
Updated: 6:18 p.m. ET Dec. 14, 2005

[....]

Still, the DOD database includes at least 20 references to U.S. citizens or U.S. persons. Other documents obtained by NBC News show that the Defense Department is clearly increasing its domestic monitoring activities. One DOD briefing document stamped “secret” concludes: “[W]e have noted increased communication and encouragement between protest groups using the [I]nternet,” but no “significant connection” between incidents, such as “reoccurring instigators at protests” or “vehicle descriptions.”
OK, about a week ago, I posted this story about Patricia Arndt:
While most of her friends and neighbors are amusing themselves with Christmas decorations and holiday gifts, Patricia Arndt is fretting over far more serious matters.

The single mother from Medford, NY has been unexpectedly pulled from the inactive Army reserve and ordered to report for active duty by Feb. 5.

As Christmas nears, Arndt, 43, is trying to sell the Medford home she says she will not be able to keep on an Army salary of approximately $60,000 a year, and is searching for someone to care for her 13-year-old son, Shane. She expects to train for an 18-month tour of duty that could take her to Iraq or Afghanistan.
Now, I basically pulled that story from Newsday, and added some information to it that I had knowledge of.

I can't prove it, because my site meter doesn't log that far back (hey, I'm cheap, a'ight?), but I logged a visit directly from the Pentagon.

Here's the weird thing about it: according to the information created by that visit, it originated from a Google search of "Arndt Individual Ready Reserve".

At the time I posted that article, my blog appeared nowhere in the results list! So I'm trying to figure out how the Pentagon was informed I had posted that piece (it appears on a Google search now, by the way, and you check it by using the box down below), a day or two after it was up?

Does the Pentagon have some bizarre form of Google, a sort of "sooper sekrit Gugle" that allows a more thorough search engine?

If so, can I have a few go-rounds on it? :-)

tags technorati :