Monday, May 16, 2011

UPDATED: It Seems As Clear As The Hair On His Head

 
He's going to say no to running for President. Undoubtedly, he'll get in a few digs at President Obama that will come off crass and ugly, a couple of shots at the "lib'rul media" (which we should note he's had no problem in exploiting in the past, but may find some problems with in the future), and leave the door open to a run in 2016.
 
Damn. I was so hoping he'd run so we could ask for the long-form birth certificate for that hairdo...
 
UPDATE: Well, as I surmised, he's not running. While he hasn't spent the few minutes that he's promised at the end of "Celebrity Apprentice" discussing this...yet...he did issue a statement saying the following:
I have spent the past several months unofficially campaigning and recognize that running for public office cannot be done half heartedly. Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector.
This, I presume, is in lieu of the more normal "to spend more time with my family" that most quitters use.