Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Cute Furry Little Critter Time!

Lewis, The Crazy Cat

Now, this is my idea of a cat!
Judge spares Lewis the cat, grants owner special probation

By Pat Eaton-Robb, Associated Press Writer | June 20, 2006

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. --A judge spared the life of alleged neighbor-assaulter Lewis the cat on Tuesday, but ordered him to remain inside his owner's Fairfield home at all times.

"There are no exceptions. None," said Superior Court Judge Patrick Carroll, who also granted accelerated rehabilitation to Lewis' owner, Ruth Cisero.

Cisero's record will be cleared in two years if she completes 50 hours of community service and Lewis stays indoors. If Lewis does get out, Cisero could face up to six months in prison. An animal control officer, not a judge, would decide what happens to the cat.

Cisero was charged with reckless endangerment after neighbors complained that Lewis' long claws and stealth have allowed him to attack at least a half-dozen people and ambush the Avon lady as she was getting out of her car.
Now, many's the time I've wanted to ambush the Avon lady, especially that one cretin who decided that my doorbell wasn't ringing loud enough and MANAGED to WEDGE IT into the mailbox for TWO HOURS!!!!!.

*deep breath*

But I digress...a stealthy cat. Whoda thunk, eh? And a feisty one, too.

Lewis gets my vote. In fact, I'm thinking of hiring him. I've been seeing a bunch of suspicious Jehovah's Witnesses eyeing my doorbell. Any cat with enough balls to run up to a metal box a thousand times its size and still have the foresight to keep an eye open for the car door opening deserves to be fed on demand.

In fact, I'm not sure it would be safe not to feed it!